1st Chair Honor Band
The registration and nomination process for 1st Chair Honor Band is coming up this month! Directors are asked to nominate their very best players. The expectation is that the players will be “1st Chair” quality, and at the All-State or All-Region level. Or, we will take your very best student. 1st Chair Honor Band is a great opportunity for high schoolers to come to play and improve even more musically. The first eight applications for the conducting clinic will be given a 10-15 minute session with the UConn Wind Ensemble on a selected band classic.
A Sample Schedule for 1st Chair Honor Band
- 8:00-8:40 AM; Students, Directors arrive Check-in, receive folders, pay
- 9:00-9:55 AM; Blue Band and White Band rehearse separately while Directors attend a clinic
- 10:00-10:55 AM; Blue Band and White Band switch places and rehearse other music separately while Directors attend the second clinic
- 11:00-11:55 AM; Master Classes – UConn Applied Faculty, Directors attend master class of choice!
- 12:00-1:25 PM; LUNCH – On your own, directory of restaurants nearby, possible discounts.
- 1:30-2:15 PM; Blue Band and White Band’s last rehearsal on last piece separately, Directors attend Conducting Clinic
- 2:30-2:45 PM; BREAK
- 2:30 PM; Faculty Recital in VDM, including performances from
- UConn Symphonic Band
- UConn Wind Ensemble
- White Band
- Blue Band
Make plans to attend now!
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.