Your Band is Invited!
Hosted by the UConn Marching Band
How It Works
Bring your band to the UConn Campus at 2:45 PM on any Tuesday or Thursday from September 18th to November 1st, and we will prepare your own “UConn Band Day” tailored to your program’s musical and/or marching needs We will discuss the experience level of your band and your overall goals for your visit. We’ll plan activities suited specifically to your program.
Your clinic will run from 2:30 to 3:50 PM, and then your students will have the opportunity to observe the UCMB in action from 4:00 to 6:00 PM. You are invited to stay as long as you would like. Some previous participants have chosen to take an ice cream break at the nearby UConn Dairy Bar and return for the full-ensemble portion of the UCMB Rehearsal. Others enjoy the warm-up, fundamental refinement session, sectionals, and eventually full ensemble.
What can we do?
The sky is the limit! Your session might include any of these:
- Basic Marching Clinic/Basic Playing Clinic
- Parade Marching Clinic
- Advanced Marching Fundamentals
- Show Performance and Critique
- Color Guard Fundamentals
- Fundamentals of Outdoor Sound Production
- Drum Major/Student Leadership Workshop
- Or we can customize a lesson plan exactly for what your band needs!
You may want a simple marching and music session with our Make Your Own Band Day coordinators and facilitators. We also have a unique and effective method of teaching parade marching and parade turns on our field! Or, you may wish to have your band perform a full field show for advice and comment from our staff. At 4:00 PM, the UCMB will take the field for rehearsal. This is a great opportunity for your band and it will give your students a very special experience. Contact us and we will tailor a plan just for your band!
- Recieve instruction and, more importantly, modeling from our best student leaders.
- Visit a top 25 public university campus.
- Observe an innovative university band in action – there IS musical life after high school!
- And much more!
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the UCMB Office at 860-486-2368.